EU-ROADMAP – Refugees and Orientation, Assessment Desk, Methodologies, Activities and Participation has been granted by the European Commission, DG Migration And Home Affairs within the Asylum, Migration And Integration Fund (AMIF).
The project lasts two years, from January 1st 2017 until December 31st 2018.
The promoter of the project is Cooperativa Sociale Il Cenacolo (IT) and partners are:
- Formazione CO&SO Network (IT)
- Comune di Firenze (IT)
- Bridges Programmes (UK)
- Jugend Am Werk Steiermark (AT)
- Wisamar Bildungsgesellschaft (DE)
- ARSIS-Association for the Social Support of Youth (GR)
Background and objectives
The European Agenda for Migration clearly states as Europe is for migrants, asylum seekers and people on International protection a safe haven. Member States, EU Institutions, International and Third Sector organizations, local authorities need to work together to realize a common European migration policy.
The Commission since 2011, with the publication of the EU Agenda for Third Country Nationals proposes Integration as a dynamic, long-term process requiring efforts by a wide range of actors in different policy areas at various levels.
The EU-ROADMAP project addresses priority to facilitate the access to work and foster integration in the work place of migrants by implementing concrete initiatives and by the exchange of experiences involving employers.
Our main aim is developing activities and tools trough a common methodology and have a unique European approach to facilitate the access to work of migrants, asylum seekers and on International protection.
The activities and the products stem from projects already implemented by the partners and considered Best practice.
The following activities are the core of the EU-ROADMAP project:
- Implementation of a Guidance Desk that will be set up in each partner country for 15 months
- Common training of the staff of the Guidance Desks to have a unique EU approach in dealing with the beneficiaries
- Skills assessment of beneficiaries to foster their job insertion even in the entrepreneurial perspective
- Use of a unique EU tool to find a job in the perspective of European Mobility of workers
- Exercise of the Active EU Citizenship of the beneficiaries
- Vocational training in the relevant working areas
- Matching and encounter with potential employers